Have a nICE Day
During the hot days of summer, kids just want to keep cool having fun! Invite your children’s friends to a park or your backyard for some chills and thrills at a “Have a nICE Day” Party! Beat the heat by having a cool time. Here’s how to start chillin’:
- ATTIRE: Swimwear is a must.
- GAMES: These are some of our ideas, all involving ice:
- Ice Cube Relay: Pairs or teams put one ice cube on a spoon. Holding with one hand they run across to their partner and pass the spoon. If the cube falls, you’re out.
- Water Balloon Toss: This is a classic! Have a bucket filled with water balloons of different sizes. Participants stand in a line across from a partner. Toss one balloon back and forth. Maybe take a step back after every one or two throws. Break the water bomb, get wet, and your out. (You can also play an ice cube toss game or a race to fill a jar with ice cubes or cold water.)
- Blind Ice Cube Surprise: Fill a medium sized bucket with clear ice cubes. Add a few colored or flavored ice cubes, equal to the number of party guests, or a few more. Blindfold each player. The participant has to put their hand in the bucket of cubes and choose one ice cube. If it is a colored cube, they win a prize of your choice. Take turns, once prize per person.
- The Meltdown: Give guests an ice cube to hold in their hands. The goal is to melt the ice cube as fast as they can, any way they can. The winner with the first puddle wins!
- Ice Block Party: Get one or more large ice blocks. Kids can put their feet on them, sit on them, but not move them. Have each guess how long the big blocks of ice will take to melt. (Or weigh the block to start, and again in a specified time period. Guests guess the weight of the block after the time limit.)
An ice party has so many ways to keep cool with treats: Here are a few ideas:
- Sno Cones: Shave ice, flavored syrups and bowls or paper cones are ideal for kids to make their own.
- DIY Ice Cream Sundaes: Flavors, toppings, spoons and scoops. It’s fun to make a long “trough” and have the kids go to it! (I used a new piece of rain gutter once.) So many ways to get kids screamin’ for ice cream! You can even ask the guests to bring a pint of their favorite flavor if you want.
- Icicles: Freeze your own fruit juice pops or buy frozen icicles. Or make it an eating contest. Watch out for “brain freezes!”
- Flavored Ice Cubes for Drinks: Freeze a variety of flavored ice cubes in trays. Make plenty ahead. Kids can use tongs to put flavored cubes in their drinks! Or put popsicle sticks in them for quick treats.
Kids can wear their favorite swimsuit to the Ice Day. Maybe they can wear fun hats too! Have a fashion show! Isobella & Chloe designs an award-winning collection of swimwear for girls’. If girls at your ice party wear an Isobella & Chloe swimsuit to your Ice Party, please send us a digital picture, with your contact information. Let us see what fun you have at your party. Please also share with us your ideas to keep cool this summer. You could be chosen to receive a gift from Isobella & Chloe!